Facets allow users to filter datasets and narrow searches to relevant results. Once a filter is selected, it applies in the background to subsequent searches as the user navigates through the page's various elements.
The Portal pages that include facets are: Find Data, Tools & Resources, and News & Events.
To use the Dataset facets:
- Click Find Data on the homepage header.
- Expand the facets to select filters of interest.
- Selected filters can be cleared by clicking reset all. The same faceted browse process applies to the Anatomical Models, Computational Models, and Projects categories.
To use the Tools & Resources facets:
- Click Tools & Resources from the homepage header.
- On the Tools & Resources landing page, click the Browse all Tools & Resources button.
- On the faceted browse page, select a filter from the facet and it will also be applied as you click through the other categories.
To use the News & Events facets:
- Click News & Events from the homepage header.
- On the Tools & Resources landing page, click the Browse all News & Events button.
- On the faceted browse page, apply the desired filter(s) from the facet.
- At the top-right corner, use the dropdown menu to sort the results based on your preference.
Updated 9 months ago